I’ve neglected this blog all last week. Sometimes life gets in the way. But I’m back and I’m talking fitness!
As a busy and slightly poor 20 something year old, I do most of my workouts at home rather than purchase a gym membership. It saves me traveling time and money, and there are plenty of great workouts that you can do at home, with minimal equipment. Here are a few items I think are must haves when it comes to working out at home!
1. Sports bra // Victoria’s Secret – Every girl needs some support from time to time 😉
2. Leggings // Victoria’s Secret – The perfect workout pants are one’s that allow you to move and stretch while keeping you cool. I like tight leggings because I feel like it holds everything in place (i.e. less giggle and hopefully allows the muscles to form correctly.)
3. Jump rope // Target – Cardio and an arm workout in one. Plus, cardio without running… need I say more?
4. Hand weights // Target – Using weights in your workout does not mean you will end up looking like a body builder. Actually, using lighter weights (5-15 pounds) but doing more reps will build gorgeous long lean muscles. And you’d be surprised what a workout you get from them!
5. Yoga mat // LuluLemon – You can use these mats for more than just yoga! Whether your house has carpet, hardwood or laminate flooring, this mat will transform it into your own personal gym.
Of course other necessities include fun playlists or netflix series (I suggest 2000’s Hip Hop on Pandora/Friends on Netflix), plenty of water, and possible a workout buddy if you can convince your partner to join you.