As many of you know, I’ve gotten super into journaling lately.
I’m all for finding ways to document life as well as find a little introspection in my day to day. Journaling can kind of be whatever you want it to be and is a great place to jot down ideas, doodle, and hold all the daily things you don’t want to forget.
However, we all need a little boost in creativity from time to time, so if you want to journal but need some fresh ideas on what to write about, here are some of my favorite journaling prompts for self discovery and introspection.
- Where do you think your career, relationships, and life be in 5 years? 10 years?
- How has your career, relationships, and life changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
- Who do you feel closest to?
- What relationship is in decline? Why?
- What’s a good habit you want to start? How will you be successful?
- What’s a bad habit you want to quit? How will you be successful?
- What quote(s) fit your mindset right now?
- If you could quit your day job, what would you do instead?
- Describe the person you love.
- What’s your favorite place? Why?
- What song fits your stage in life right now? Why?
- What creative project do you want to focus on?
- What book would you read again and again?
- How do you define yourself?
- What is a recurring dream that you have?
- What is something tangible that you can never part with?
- What is your love language?
- What is something you are looking forward to?
- What is your favorite simple pleasure?
- What does success look like to you?
- What are you committed to?
- Who is relying on you?
- What gives you hope?
- What do you love about yourself?
- What makes you happy?
If you use any of these tag me in a photo of your journal on instagram @sweethorizonstudio. I’d love to see how you guys interpret these prompts for your own use.
Enjoy! And happy journaling!