I absolutely LOVE to travel! I actually grew up taking at least one big trip every year with my family so the travel bug was in me from a very, very young age. Luckily, I’m marrying a man that also loves to travel so I foresee lots of adventuring in my lifetime. I honestly think that if I didn’t focus solely on business blogging, I would probably want to run a travel blog.
Traveling blogging is one of the main categories of blogging that has just taken off in the last decade. I mean, who doesn’t want to look at beautiful pictures of exotic locations and live vicariously through these posts? It’s not quite the same as being there, obviously, but it’s definitely one of the most enviable of blogger lifestyles.
So this post is for any of you that either want to start a travel blog or already have a travel blog and need some fresh post ideas. I’ve put together 51 post ideas, all travel blogging related, to help give you some inspiration for your next post!
People love getting advice on what to pack and tips on flying because honestly that’s the least fun thing about traveling. Showing what you pack, how you strategically fit it all into you bag, and how you style it will always be a great asset to readers!
- How to pack for 10 days in a carry on
- My carry-on essentials
- What you need to pack for a 8 hour flight
- How to pack for a 10 day cruise
- How to fly with small children or infants
- Weekend road trip essentials
- Wilderness road trip essentials
- How to pack comfortably and still look cute
- Carry-on outfits; 1 dress 5 ways
- Favorite travel size toiletries
- Best camera equipment for traveling
This is by far the biggest category and it should be! Travelers love to know the local spots and favorite highlights of your travels. These kind of posts make for great evergreen content on your blog because people are always googling travel tips for a specific city. I’ve just chosen Prague, one of my all time favorite cities, as a stand-in, but obviously you would change the city name to match your post.
- What to pack when traveling to Prague
- The best shoes to pack when traveling to Prague
- Exploring Prague in 10 days
- The best restaurants in Prague
- Local hidden gems in Prague
- 10 things you shouldn’t miss while in Prague
- The best coffee shops in Prague
- The best tours in Prague
- The biggest tourist traps in Prague
- The best souvenirs to send home from Prague
- Best walking tours of Prague
- Exploring Prague at night
- Nightlife in Prague
- Weekend trip to Prague
- Where to stay in Prague
- The best airbnbs in Prague
- Kid-friendly Prague tours
- The best dates to visit Prague
- The most Instagram worthy spots in Prague
- Prague’s districts: A guide to exploring the city’s boroughs
- Kid-friendly museums in Prague
- Romantic date night ideas in Prague
- Prague travel diary
- 1 day in Prague
This kind of post is great if you travel often and can essentially do a roundup of locations, compare your favorites, and even link back to older posts that are city specific!
- Recapping our favorite trips from this year
- My top 3 favorite travel spots
- The best luxury cruises
- The best tropical resorts
- How to rent your own private beach
- Top 10 honeymoon spots
- Top 10 most picturesque cities
- What to pack for backpacking through Europe
- How to travel safely alone
- Documents you’ll need when traveling overseas
- The do’s and don’t of traveling in winter
- How to road trip with dogs
- How to road trip with kids
- How to see Western Europe in a month
- Hostels: What you should know
- Best cities for a girls’ weekend
I hope this helps you come up with some fresh ideas for your next travel blog post! And if you run a travel blog, link it in the comments! I’d love to follow you!