I’m not usually one for New Year’s resolutions. My thinking is that you can make a change any time of the year. But I totally get the desire to reevaluate things. I mean, I spent most of last fall and winter doing just that.
My New Year’s resolutions in the past have been some sort of intention or task to complete. Like, read a book every 2 weeks for the year (check!) or complete 2 rounds of BBG (sort of check!).
So in the spirit of the New Year I’ve decided that instead of a “resolution”, I’ll stick with setting intentions for myself.
To me, intentions at least give you a direction to head. A resolution like “lose weight” is honestly too abstract for most of us to stick with long term. Instead, with an intention like “take yoga classes 2-3 times a week” there’s now a tangible thing to check off your to-do list, and you guys know I’m all about to-do lists.
My 2018 Business Intentions
- Post at least once a week on this blog
- Post at least 5 times a week on instagram
- Develop my first ad for my videography/photography business
- Be at my desk and ready to work everyday by 8am.
- Take the evenings off to be with Mike and Radley.
My 2018 Personal Intentions
- Update art/bullet journal once a week.
- Complete 40mins of cardio every other day.
- Finish at least 1 novel a month.
- Practice French (Duolingo) for 30mins a day.
- Learn a new recipe every week.
What sort of intentions are you setting this year?
Happy New Year!