Are you ready for this? It’s that time of the year again. Valentine’s Day is only one week away. Don’t panic! I repeat, DON’T PANIC!
I’ve never really been a fan of this holiday (see post from 3 years ago), but it’s always a little better if you have someone to spend it with, even if that just means getting drinks with your girlfriends and spending the evening making fun of all the couples that are out (it helps, really). But I think probably the thing I dislike most is the cheesy, over-the-top gifts that people give/receive. As much as I appreciate the gesture, I don’t really want a life size pink teddy bear that I am inevitably going to cram in the back of my closet so that it doesn’t scare my dog when I’m not home.
That being said, If you are going to give a gift, give something practical, and something that they’ll actually want to tell their friends about.
First let’s start with what to give your man.
1. Bespoke Post // If you wanna splurge a little bit, this is basically the birchbox for men. You choose what item you want each month and they always have really interesting stuff in a kit that is cheaper than buying it all separately.
2. Record Holder from MyNickNackStore // If your man is anything like my man, then he has a ton of records and could use an interesting way to display them. There are several on Etsy that I think are a great buy, but I just love the vintage feel of this one.
3. iPhone Camera Lens from Urban Outfitters // How cool is that you can have changeable lens for your iPhone now? I actually kind of want this for myself!
4. Beard Pack from Uncommon Goods // This is more for the novelty of it more than anything else. I don’t know if Mike would actually use this or just leave it out on his bathroom counter for his guests to see.
5. Whiskey Barrel Coffee // If he likes whiskey and likes coffee, then this is sure to be a hit. Hopefully he’ll make you a cup too.
Now for the woman in your life.
1. Pearly Frame from Pottery Barn //A picture frame with a picture of the two of you together. Not only is it a great reminder of fond memories, but choose a picture where you look hot and they’ll be sure to put it somewhere prominent to show you off.
2. Capri Blue Candle from Anthropologie // Get them their favorite candle. Anthropologie always has the best selection of candles with new ones coming in every season. You can literally just open the lid and your room will smell great!
3. Q&A A Day from Anthropologie // Another gift from Anthro, but I think these books are the coolest idea. Each day you have a new question to answer about yourself or each other and you both write down an answer. Definitely a fun morning or evening ritual. Plus what an awesome thing to go back through and read!
4. Basket Pave Pendant by Kate Spade // Jewelry should be a given when it comes to Valentines day. But I always suggest to go with something she could wear everyday if she wanted to. That’s why Kate Spade Pendant necklaces are the best at being practical as well as beautiful.
5. Little Gold Book by Kate Spade // Clearly I have favorite companies… whoops. But you can’t go wrong with KS or Anthro in my opinion! Get her a sketchbook or notebook so that she can take down thoughts, notes, or to do lists. Every girl needs a place to put her thoughts.
Do you have any special Valentine’s plans lined up?